Saturday, March 31, 2007
Wednesday, March 28, 2007
Monday, March 26, 2007
After watching yesterday's race at Bristol, I can honestly say that I would rather have Jeff (Burton) finish in 2nd place than bump Kyle Busch for the win. Jeff had every chance to do just that, but he didn't. And for that, he showed that he had a great amount of sportmanship. Now, who can fault him for that? But of course I am extremely thrilled that he is doing so well this season. Currently he is in 2nd place in the standings, a mere 3 points behind the leader, Jeff Gordon. Now onto Martinsville, Virgina - another short track.
Sunday, March 25, 2007
Yesterday was a dreary day so no Saturday sky picture. Of course today was much better. It always seems to work out that way. But hopefully we should be leaving the rainy season behind us and have sunny days ahead.
Wednesday, March 21, 2007
Saturday, March 17, 2007
Wednesday, March 14, 2007
Saturday, March 10, 2007
Wednesday, March 07, 2007
Tuesday, March 06, 2007
Posted by GirlyWithATwist at 5:59:00 PM
Saturday, March 03, 2007
Friday, March 02, 2007
While waiting patiently for the final book to come out, I have gone and joined another KAL. This time its the Harry Potter and the Book 7 KAL. Since the move, I have still to locate my Harry Potter books. But I can at least watch the movies until then. While I am looking forward to another book, I am kinda sad that its the last one. At least we have some more movies to look forward to.
Thursday, March 01, 2007
1. How long have you been knitting/crocheting/spinning?
Since the beginning of time...just kidding. I have been crocheting since I was in high school (the mid-80s) and have only been knitting for about 2 years. I have yet to learn how to spin but that is my next goal.
2. Do you consider yourself a beginner, novice or experienced yarn artist?
I would have to say an experienced crocheter, an adventurous beginner in knitting, and an absolute novice at spinning.
3. What fibers (materials) have you knit/crochet with?
4. What are your favorite yarns?
Currently my favorites include Lisa Souza, STR, Scout's Swag, Koigu, - any wool blends. Bernat Satin is also very soft for 100% acrylic.
6. Do you prefer solid, self striping, or handpainted yarns?
I like them all.
Anything that is really scratchy. I don't think I am allergic to any.
Currenlty shades of blue, purple, red, green, and camaflouge
10. How did you learn to knit/crochet/spin?
11. What projects are you currently working on?
12. How old is your oldest UFO? What is it? Will it ever be finished?
13. What is the most heartbreaking project that you ever frogged?
I actually hav only frogged my Jaywalkers - the first one I started was too snug for my foot
both - One of the presents this past Christmas was the Knit Picks Options Needle Set
17. Do you enjoy helpful hints about your knitting or does it just piss you off?
19. What knitting magazines do you subscribe to?
Interweave Knits and Creative Knitting
I would love to make a pair of the Felted Clogs and the Huggable Hedgehog from Fiber Trends. As far as yarn - Lavender Sheep, Kindred Spirits Yarn, Mystical Creation Yarns, Crash Into Ewe. I was drooling looking at all the sock yarn. I am pretty set with needles I think. And as far as books, the wish list covers that. But if I had to pick the top three of the list, then it would be Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles, Charmed Knits, and Domiknitrix: Whip Your Knitting into Shape.
Yes, very much!!! I have size 9 feet
24. How do you feel about sports?
I am a HUGE Nascar fan with my favorite driver being Jeff Burton (driver of the #31 Cingular car). Plus I have always cheered for the San Diego Chargers. I still remember when the stadium was called "Jack Murphy Stadium".
25. What is your favorite season? Least favorite season? Why?
That would have to be spring time as that is when the daffodils bloom. Here in Oregon my least favorite would be the rainy season - which is about half the year.
26. What is your favorite holiday?
Halloween with Christmas as the second favorite
27. Do you like handmade gifts?
Yes, very much.
29. What are your favorite foods? Scents that you love?
Favorite foods include seafood and mexican. I absolutely love lavender.
Currently live with the hubby (retired Navy Chief) and two little boys (Nathan who is 4 years old and Nicholas who is 1)
31. Do you have any pets?
Not currently - although we might get the boys a small dog when Nicholas is a little older
32. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3's?
I like most music. Something with a beat. I listen to everything from classical to rock. The only music I really don't care for is rap and disco. Yes, my computer/stereo can play MP3s.
34. What do you collect?
Does sock yarn count as collectible? Other than that - fairies, teddy bears, wizard items, any ancient egypt theme item. Oh, and anything with a triquetra on it.
36. When is your birthday? Is it a national holiday or just another day?
March 14th - as far as I know its not a national holiday although it should be. But then that's just my own personal biased opinion.
Albert Einstein's Birthday - March 14, 1879
National Potato Chips Day
37. Do you have any allergies, medical conditions or disorders that your pal should be aware of (ie. diabetes, food/pet allergies, ect.)?
I have no allergies myself but the hubby is allergic to cats.
38. Are there any scents, phobias, or sensory thing (ie, the way certain objects feel) that your pal should be aware of?
The smell of fresh leather makes me ill - as well as cigarette smoke.
That would be a cute lil pair of overalls for lil Nicholas. I was crocheting it with Caron Simply Soft and just couldn't get my gauge right. So it is still not complete. I see them going in the frog pond shortly.
41. Anything else that you would like to say?