Pattern: Fetching Fingerless Gloves
These were fun and quick to make. Most likely gonna make another pair soon.
This awesome package for the Hot Sock Swap (Townsend Socks Knit A Long) from Karen arrived all the way from Alaska. All I can say is that I love every single item in it. I have already put my DPNs in the holder. I haven't tried the chocolate yet but that will happen sometime soon. But look at all the goodies!!!
1 ball of turquoise Opal sock yarn (my first)
1 DPN holder (they are already in there - finally all in one spot)
1 bar of Dagoba organic chocolate
2 sock patterns from Fiber Trends
1 kit for a felted coin purse (will come in handy)
1 measuring tape (always handy)
1 lil sockie
assorted tea flavors
stitch markers & row counter
some Lavender smelling spa foot cream (I love lavender)
notecards from Alaska notes (very cute pictures)
Here is my first try at jewelry making. Okay so I cheated a lil and got a kit from Joanns. It had everything in it except the chain. That I bought separately and I still have about 8 inches left. My next project will be a bracelet for me.
Here it is in all its glory. My first package received for Secret Pal 9. Check out the yarn. It's Debbie Bliss Merino Chunky. I have about 165 yards to play with. Then there is the yummy chocolate, the very cute knitting notecards, the handmade stitch markers, and the always handy sheepie measuring tape. We all know how measuring tapes have a tendancy to walk off when you need them the most. Thank you Secret Pal!!!
Look ---- its Lisa Souza yarn. It looks even more vibrant in person. The colors are Emerald City and Mombassa. I already have patterns in mind for both of them.
Posted by GirlyWithATwist at 9:21:00 PM
1. Whole bean or ground? ground
2. Fully-loaded or decaf? fully loaded
3. Regular or flavored? love flavored coffe - currently chocolate flavored
4. How do you drink your coffee? with cream and sugar
5. Favorite coffee ever? I just tried the Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks that was very yummy. Also love the White Chocolate Mocha.
6. Are you fussy about your coffee or will any old bean do? nope, not fussy at all - just something fresh and yummy
7. Favorite treats to have with your coffee? anything with chocolate is always good and I also love banana nut bread and have recently found a likeness for Biscotti
8. Anything else about your coffee preferences? still looking for the perfect mug to drink from
9. Yarn/fiber you love? natural fibers - currently drooling over yarn from Lisa Souza and Scout
10. Yarn/fiber you hate? scratchy yarn
11. What's on your needles? 3 pairs of socks (Jaywalkers with Lisa Souza Lime N Violet - Embosed Leaves with Scout's Appletini and a pair of Big Black Socks for Socks for Soldiers), the Clapotis (still), the Fetching fingerless gloves
12. Favorite colors? blues, greens, purple, red
13. Allergies? nope
14. Anything you really love, really don't like, or just need to get off your chest? i really don't like bright neon colors - they hurt my eyes.
The rainy season has definitely begun here in Oregon. I took this picture from the front porch of where we live. Right behind the apartment complex on the other side of all the trees and down the hill is the Tualatin River. It has been raining since Wednesday and we are expecting rain all of next week.
Here is a picture of Little Nicholas as a baby dragon for Halloween. He didn't actually go out trick or treating with his big brother Nathan - it was just a tad too chilly for the lil guy.
Are you allergic to any fibers? nope
What are your favorite colors? blues, green, purple, red
Are you a new mitt knitter? fairly new, I have only knit one pair
How long have you been knitting mittens? less than a year
Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn? I like both
What fibers do you prefer in mitten yarn? wool or wool blends
Where do you usually knit mittens? on the sofa watching tv
How do you usually carry/store small projects? right now i use the small bag I received for the KSKS that was hand woven by Kimberly of Woven -N- Spun
What are your favorite mitten patterns? anything with cables
What are your favorite mitten knitting techniques? the only pair I have made had cables and bobbles - the Hermione Cable & Bobble Mittens
What new techniques would you like to try? fair isle would be fun to try
What are your favorite needles for knitting mittens? DPNs
What are some of your favorite yarns? Lisa Souza, Scout, Knit Picks, Lornas Laces, Cascade 220
What yarn do you totally covet? anything from Lisa Souza or Scoutt
Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object? the Clapotis in Lornas Laces Lion and Lamb
Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)? for mittens DPNs
If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be? I would be Lornas Laces in Camaflouge color
Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack? Lemonheads
What’s your favorite animal? black cats (but can't have any since the hubby is allergic)
Would you prefer super warm mittens or something more like fingerless mitts? super warm mittens
If you were a color what color would you be? camaflouge
What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature? daffodils of course and Mt Hood, so its pretty cool that we can see the mountain from Tualatin on a clear day. Of course it has been raining alot lately.
Do you have a wishlist?
Anything else you’d like to share with the group today? I have two small boys - Nathan who is 4 years old and Nicholas who will be 1 year on the 18th. Nathan absolutely loves Thomas the Train.