Saturday, September 23, 2006

Saturday Sky and Oregon Flock & Fiber



It was another gorgeous day here in Tualatin. A perfect day to attend the Oregon Flock & Fiber Festival down in Canby, Oregon. I had alot of fun at the festival. The boys like the animals and Nathan tried to talk to one of the alpaca. he also liked the bunnys. People (both men and women) were sitting around at the benches knitting, spinning, and enjoying themselves. I saw one gentleman with tatoos using a drop spindle. Plus there was a lady there who was knitting 2 pairs of socks on 2 circular needles. Not 2 socks but 2 pairs of socks. I was in awe. Right now I am plugging away at knitting 1 at a time with DPNs. I did get some of the very yummy
STR yarn plus some small samples of roving to play with. Not that I have a drop spindle but just in case. I was thinking of making one like shown in the Knitty Gritty You Spin Me Right Round episode.

Here it is - STR yarn in all its glory. From left to right - XMAS Rock, Fire on the Mountain, and In the Navy.

Here are the lil samples of roving from Dayspring Farm located in Corvallis, Oregon. These are very soft and colorful and right now I am having fun just feeling how soft the wool is. And here is the poncho that my hubby bought for me. It's made out of 100% Peruvian wool and very soft. Can we say dry clean only?


1 Daffodils planted:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Looks great.